Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Sunday, September 20, 2009

changing the name of this blog

I have had a week! I learned about a ministry this week by the name of International Crisis Aid. I had the priveledge of taking photos for them during their 5k fundraising event. ICA is raising money for a safe home to rescue AMERICAN girls out of sex slavery, otherwise known as human trafficking. As of Aug. 2009, ICA has a total of 6 rescue homes in Ethiopia and 1 in Cambodia. Once rescued and taken to a secure home, the girls receive food, shelter, medical care, legal support, counseling and education. ICA has rescued dozens of girls, some as young as 4 years old, and given them a second chance at life. I find it unbelievable that young girls/and boys are enslaved for this perversion. I did a little research and sure enough his facts are correct. Up to 300,000 are enslaved in this unspeakable way in THIS country. (FBI) Hard to believe? THe harsh reality is the U.S. is among the top countries in the world for trafficking.

Okay-so what does this have to do with this blog? I don't know, as I laid in bed last night mulling over the conversation with Pat, the President of ICA and John, a friend and board member..I thought what can I do? I am just a mom, I lead a bible study, attend church, live in West county. I don't have the kind of money that Pat needs to begin this home..what do I do? That question seems to be a theme in my life these last 2 years. So..I decided to use what is in my hand and what I am interested in( like I taught on Tuesday in our bible study). My theme lately has been "Faith that Works." This began this summer with our small bible study and God seems to be using that in so many ways..My passion? Putting my faith in action, encouraging other women to do the same. The new name of this blog: Faith that Works

No comments: