Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Great weekend


The weather has been absolutely gorgeous in St. Louis this past week. I have enjoyed driving with my windows down, sitting outside at dinner with my husband, and exercising without the typical Hot and muggy August that St. Louis is known for. It has been a delight. There have been moments though that the thought has occured to me, we will pay for it in September! Where does that come from? It seems like I always go to that; I am having a good moment, so that must mean there is a bad one on it's way! Is that how we all think and live? I realized as those thoughts came up, how depressing that is to always be thinking about that next bad thing on it's way..Is that the enemy wanting to rob me of joy/ or my own negativity, which believes I don't deserve such joy and will have to pay for it later? The bible tell us to live in the moment, be joyful always, pray continually, I haven't found a place where it says, watch out when things are good, bad is inevitably on it's way!

My take away for all of this? Live for this time, this moment, be thankful for the blessings right in front of me and celebrate them-not looking to tomorrow but relishing right now!

No comments: