Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Quiet Moment

Everyone is sleeping, the house is quiet.  I love this peace, the hum of the refrigerator, my dog snoring.  The weekend was busy and I am unwinding, it is good.  I don't really have much to say, except that I am content with this quiet, happy for it.

  My husband and I had coffee together twice today-that is rare-and good.  I took a walk with the dogs after dinner, that was also good.  I watched the Blind Side with Emma, my eight year old,  tonight and laughed when she said she liked the mom because she was feisty.... at the point in the movie where Sandra Bullock turns around and points at the dad behind her, who happens to be yelling at Big Mike during the football game,  and says, "Hey, deliverance, keep your mouth shut or I'll come up there and shut it for you."   Family..the simple things make great memories.

I know I am rambling, and you probably don't care how many cups of coffee Steve and I had together in one day, just thought I would share.  What made your weekend special?  How do you create memories with those you love?  Do you stop and rest, enjoying the moment?  I hope so, because Monday is fast approaching and I had better get to bed!

No comments: