Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Bazaar or Christmas Blessing

December 1st and 2nd was the Faith that Works, Shop for a Cause.   What an event it was too! I could report how many shoppers we had, vendors, and volunteers..I could also talk about the money we raised-but reporting these facts could not begin to explain how blessed each one of us were while working together, putting our faith into action and then seeing great results, which will help girls locally and in Ethiopia. 

 I was amazed at the team and how hard everyone worked to make this event a success.   One of my favorite quotes-in the heading of this blog says, "The greatest tradgedy is indifference."  I believe that to be true, but what causes indifference?  The more I think about it, the more I realize it is self-protection.  This is one of the reasons I was so amazed at how our team threw themselves into this event..they took a risk, stepped out of their comfort zone, and definitely did not self-protect!  It  can definitely be a challenge to invite people to support something you believe in, it's a risk.   So-thanks Team for taking a risk and making Shop for a Cause a HUGE success/ and also thank you for not having  indifference when so many need our help!  I love you guys, and it is a priveledge working with you!

No comments: