Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Friday, October 29, 2010

New Book/ Old Book

I love to read.  One of my downfalls though is that I re-read some of the same stuff.  Is that a downfall?  I am not sure.  On days I need perspective I read Corrie Ten Boom.  On days I need inspiration, I read C.S. Lewis.  On days I need marriage advice, I read Tim Keller.  Other days?  Well, you name it!  My favorite is C.S. Lewis/ but the modern day Mr. Lewis is,  you said it, John Piper.  John Piper writes things that are challenging the modern day Church.  Has anyone read, Don't Waste Your Life by Piper?  I dare you!

Currently I am reading two books.  These two are from very different theological camps-I love that too!  One is Tim Keller's The Reason for God.  The other book that really gets me going is, Lisa Bevere's,  Lioness Arising.  I also dare you to read that one!

Okay, my point?  Read!  Broaden your mind, expand your vision, dream big dreams..read!   Winter is fast approaching, a great time for a good book,  much more worthwhile than T.V.  I end with this quote from my favorite, John Piper:


"If you don't feel strong desires for the manifestation of the glory of God, it is not because you have drunk deeply and are satisfied. It is because you have nibbled so long at the table of the world. Your soul is stuffed with small things, and there is no room for the great."
— John Piper (A Hunger for God)


1 comment:

ashley@zoeland.com said...

Hey Terri, Your blog and the faith that works website looks incredible!! I was reading your blog this morning and it made me miss you:) you type just like you talk... I have gone back and read several chapters of that sweet lena book when i need encouragement or perspective i keep wanting to get a Corrie Ten Boom book.. And of course Tim Keller and C.S. Lewis are sooo wonderful i gotta get a good book:) I have enjoyed reading marriage books but just about to be really tired of them:) Love you friend... Wont be able to attend the gala... we are doing everything to work on a budget but i plan to be at the actual event.. Praying for you!
Ash