Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas countdown is on..

Photobucket

The tree is looking good, the college kids are home, presents are bought, it is starting to snow, how could I not be in the Christmas mood?

This year seems different to me somehow..I feel as if I have perspective. I am more thankful, more patient with imperfection, and more focused on people I love and not on things that I want. These things I want could be all the cookies baked, or maybe the house cleaned, or even the presents wrapped. I realize now, it will get done, it always does. I think when you have experienced a little suffering things that used to be important, just aren't anymore. You realize how having Jesus, really HAVING HIM is really all that matters. You know that no matter what trivial stress comes upon your life HE is enough, His love will see you through.

Getting older and experiencing pain is good, really good..perspective, that is a good word to me tonight!

No comments: