Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Today was a good day.

I attended the Mercy Ministries Gala luncheon today. When I woke up in the morning, my first thought was..another event to attend, I should be doing laundry and errands today. Okay, I can honestly say, I am certainly happy I was at the luncheon and not home doing regular chores. Why? Because I had the blessing of listening to two dynamic women speak, Brenda Werner and Nancy Alcorn. These women impressed me with the conviction they spoke with. Don't get me wrong..the content was fabulous as well..but their heart was unbelievable! This was no show, it was real. When you see regular women, just like us, get up and talk about the power and the presence of God even though they have experienced great pain,,it just does something to you. Your faith increases..that's what it does! You see Jesus, alive and present, and powerful, and working! I love it. I had a great day, it was inspiring, what a happy moment to share with friends too..

No comments: