I am heading over to my mother-in-law's home today to make a double batch of this great fall soup and I thought I would share it with all of you! I plan on taking half to my friend< Laurie, a dear that has been suffering from ruptured disks! Please enjoy the soup, and pray for Laurie!
Heart Warming vegetable soup:
Yield 12 servings
2 1/2 Lbs. chuck roast
7 cups boiling water
1 onion, sliced
celery leaves from 1/2 bunch
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 large red potatoes
3 stalks of celery
1 onion chopped, fine
2 16 oz. packages frozen mixed vegetables
1 46 oz. tomato juice
1 16 oz. can chopped tomatoes
• In a large stockpot, brown meat over HIGH heat, maybe add olive oil to bottom of pan before the meat
• Add water, onion (sliced), celery leaves, and seasonings
• Simmer for 2-3 hours, keeping pan covered.
• Remove meat and cut into small pieces.
• Add remaining ingredients and the meat to the broth.
• simmer for about 2 hours more. taste and correct seasonings.
This soup tastes better the second day after the flavors have blended..
Katie and Kelli’s favorite!!!