Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Great Fall Recipe

I am heading over to my mother-in-law's home today to make a double batch of this great fall soup and I thought I would share it with all of you! I plan on taking half to my friend< Laurie, a dear that has been suffering from ruptured disks! Please enjoy the soup, and pray for Laurie!

Heart Warming vegetable soup:


Yield 12 servings

2 1/2 Lbs. chuck roast
7 cups boiling water
1 onion, sliced
celery leaves from 1/2 bunch
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 large red potatoes
3 stalks of celery
1 onion chopped, fine
2 16 oz. packages frozen mixed vegetables
1 46 oz. tomato juice
1 16 oz. can chopped tomatoes

• In a large stockpot, brown meat over HIGH heat, maybe add olive oil to bottom of pan before the meat
• Add water, onion (sliced), celery leaves, and seasonings
• Simmer for 2-3 hours, keeping pan covered.
• Remove meat and cut into small pieces.
• Add remaining ingredients and the meat to the broth.
• simmer for about 2 hours more. taste and correct seasonings.

This soup tastes better the second day after the flavors have blended..

Katie and Kelli’s favorite!!!

No comments: