Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Jesus Plus Nothing

I loved the theme at "Hot Summer Nights" this past week, Jesus plus nothing. I loved it so much because of the history I have had with religion. Why does organized religion make it so difficult to come to God? It seems there are always long lists of do's and dont's, have to's and cant's. At some point in my christian experience I began feeling tired...tired of trying so hard and always feeling like I was missing the mark.

The theme of Hot Summer Nights this week seems to be a theme God is speaking everywhere I look..sermons I hear, books I read, and music I listen to. God is saying something important..Jesus, his son, is enough! We aren't required to have the exact theology or worship style but only to have an intimate relationship with Christ, something I feel passionate about communicating to fellow "seekers."

No comments: