Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another country Road, summer Study


I am looking forward to the summer bible study I am leading at my church...This last year has been a difficult journey with lot's of prayers of "tears." I talked to God like I never have before, it started last July. I was driving another country road, rocking out to my ipod. The sun was beginning to come up and there was fog everywhere. I was in the ozark mountains (again) and as i listened to the words to the song, it went something like this, 'I know your there, I know you see me, your the air I breathe, you are the ground beneath me." I began to weep, uncontrollably and had to pull over. As I sat in my car on the side of the mountain with the sun rays coming through the fog I realized something BIG. I didn't really believe what i was singing, sure I am a Christian, I love Jesus but do I really believe HE is the ground beneath me? Do I really KNOW He IS WITH ME!!!? Is HE all the way, completely, totally, the air I breathe...Do I live my life like I believe that 100%? That day I started asking God to reveal himself in a whole new way to me. It is amazing how He has proven himself over and over again in the midst of my trials this past year. I can honestly say now, "HE is the ground beneath me." That is my hope for this study, that we would all be able to say that with confidence. I look forward to sharing my journey with others, hopefully encouraging them to reach for a dynamic relationship with God, that is real, and available to us all!

No comments: