Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Our feature vendor for March

Faith that works has had the privilege of partnering with local vendor, Greta Coalier.  Our partnership with local women such as Greta help fund the work we do in the homeless camps of St. Louis and in the streets of the Red Light District of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.   We are proud to call Greta a friend and partner and encourage you to visit http://www.etsy.com/shop/gremadcha,  and purchase products that support women here and abroad.  You will love her homemade headbands-as do my five girls!
Please read more about this fantastic woman and creative product in her own words..  
I am a graduate of art school who married my high school sweetheart, had many random jobs and ended up driving a minivan with our 4 children 6 and under and our dogs Moose and Rocket.  I create most days during the kids naps and so though I am a 24/7 maid, laundress, nurse and reluctant cook, my heart still sings. I have been in love with textiles for as long as I can remember and have special affection for the art of hand sewing. I combined my love of textiles and beads with crocheted jewelry a couple of years ago and each piece I make I have a hard time relinquishing to my shop. The initial necklaces are a new addition after I struggled to find well made jewelry for my three young girls that won't break or snag while they play. I'm a stickler for detail and craftsmanship and I am thrilled to be a part of the movement towards buying handmade.  In case you were full of wonder about my shop name it is the first three letters of my name and the names of my younger sister and brother: Greta, Madeline and Charlie. I know it's confusing difficult to transcribe and hard to pronounce but it is so sentimental I can't give it up. I partner with Faith That works because I believe in what they do and I am honored to be affiliated with a  group of woman that put their faith into action. My husband and I did not grow up as believers and our lives have been completely transformed over the last seven years by the love of Jesus. I am grateful for each and every day that I get to be a Christian and raise my family knowing the Lord! To find out more about our ridiculous lives and my attempts to create beautiful things one day at a time please visit: www.gremadcha.blogspot.com 

Here are a few photos for you to get excited about!!!!







No comments: