Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Verses to my daughters

1 Corinthians 10:13 " No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is FAITHFUL; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear."

When I listen to the worries in my head, the doubts of my friends, what am I actually doing? I am believing my problems, my pain is something greater than anything anyone else is experiencing. That is a lie! This verse is very plain, all trials are able to be overcome when we are surrendered to Christ! In our own power; we can do nothing.

Job 12:13 NIV
"To God belong wisdom and power; counsel and understanding are his.

Jeremiah 10:12 NIV
But God made the earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding.

Romans 15:13 NIV
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:5 NIV
so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

And finally: the best verse of all:

2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Girls: may we boast of strength, not because we have any, but because the God of the universe, whose children we are, has ALL POWER, knowledge, ability, wealth, and strength..Any worry, fear, apart from that knowledge is just sin!

No comments: