Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Monday, October 19, 2009

Enjoying the Family

In the past I have written a whole lot about change and the seasons..I fear I am being repetitive when I write about these two very common things that touch each of our lives everyday..but. There is something about the seasons and change that has affected me more than in previous years. Let me explain..When Katie and Kelli left for college 2 and 3 years ago, it started to hit me how things DO change, our lives don't simple go on and on the same year after year. When all of my kids were in grade school and before that, babies, it felt like forever. Now, they are living their lives (the two oldest) and experiencing their struggles without me. I know they have pain and joy I do not get to see, I miss a large part of their lives and that seems so strange to me. When your kids are under your roof you know everything that is happening (just about). You see their bad moods, good moods, the hurt from a friend, the joy of life, you see it all, and get to experience it too. Then they pack up, leave, and start college, experiencing things you can't imagine, no matter how hard you try. You try and enter their world, visit them, talk on the phone, email, text, but you know what? Deep down inside, I know it will never be the same. A part of me gets so sad when I think these thoughts, when I watch their cars drive out of the driveway after a great weekend like we just had. I think of a truth though that has always brought me comfort, no matter what is happening around me, "God is the same, yesterday, today, and tomorrow, God does not change. I am so happy about that, because everything else changes. Kids grow up, friends move, seasons change. Knowing God is my rock, that He does not chnage brings me comfort and joy!



Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: