Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Monday, July 13, 2009

reflections...

What a busy week, what a busy life! As I sat quiet this morning and thought about this teaching, "Seven Places," by our pastor in Oregon, Jon Courson I thought how awesome Christ's atonement was(is). The idea that a perfect man, let alone "God in Flesh" would sacrificice everything for me- such a sinner is wonderful and life changing. BUT, it is only life changing if I allow myself to be still and really allow that truth to sink down deep in my soul. So often this truth is head knowledge, how sad! Jesus, the most beautiful name becomes just a name, another sermon, common..may it never be! Watch "The Seven Places" and sit and reflect on what really happened at Calvary.

No matter what our sin, no matter how far we have fallen, the cross gave us the freedom to run back to God ANYTIME-what great news for a monday (or anyday)..

No comments: