Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Friday, July 31, 2009

Abundant Life in Jesus

One verse that has made me question mediocre living more than any other verse is John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that you may have life and have it to the full." Jesus said that.

Satan tempts us in our trials to sin. Jesus strengthens us in our trials to not only endure but to have victory over satan. In this verse Jesus is speaking of a life that transcends our circumstance. This life He speaks of has nothing to do with the trials going away but speaks to a inner love, peace, and life that is available to all of us-if we are following Jesus, the Good Shepherd. He has the life, it is available only in Him.

My challenge to you today? Are you experiencing an abundant life or just a mediocre one? Do you turn to sin to escape the pain of your circumstance? Read John 10 and these verses below and ask yourself if you are experiencing this life Jesus is talking about, or maybe feeling robbed and near to being destroyed..

Do I have a favorite sin in my life?

Why does it have a foothold in my life? What benefit does it seem to bring?

How can I eliminate it?

Psalm 119:133, "Establish my steps and direct them by [means of] Your word; let not any iniquity have dominion over me."

Psalm 18:32, "Is not this the God who armed me, then aimed me in the right direction?"

Romans 6:11-12, "In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore, do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires."

No comments: