Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Saturday, June 27, 2009

This Morning

It is early. I wake up, stumble out to the kitchen to make my coffee. I am not in such a great mood for some reason, little ones in my bed, kicking me at 3 a.m., keeping me awake could have a small part to play in my fatigue today. As I am making my coffee, I hear a loud bird singing in my chimney. I smile, isn't God good to greet me with beautiful sound this morning? I turn away from the coffee and my dog Maizy comes running toward me from around the corner, I smile again. Here is my dog to greet me..first the bird, then my dog. The coffee has begun to brew, and I smell the rich aroma, making me wake up just a little more. I take that first cup of coffee to my office and look out my front window, looking at the sun coming up, bright and beautiful. I whisper a thank you to the Lord. Sound, sight, smell..God gives us all of these to enjoy, and to remind us of His precense that is all around us. Thank You, Lord..it is going to be a great day.

No comments: