Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Is My Belief In God a Fantasy?

There are people that know me and question the validity of my claims of God. I have these conversations with friends and family and there are times I get the "nod." Do you know what the nod is? Some of you may have experienced it. When I get this obligatory nod I can almost feel their thoughts, (as they try and QUICKLY change the subject) saying, here she goes again with this "religion" stuff. After I am brushed off by people I love dearly, I go away feeling haunted. I want those I love to experience the love, joy, peace of Jesus. I don't want to see those I love going through life without the hope of heaven, wondering why life is so hard-only to lead to death. There is meaning, there is truth, there are things we can count on when the world around us seems to be going crazy! I know we are all afraid, we look at the economy, the wars, the culture, and we wonder-What does the future hold?

There is one thing I know! I know Jesus. He says, "I am the way, the truth, the life, no one comes to the father but through me." HE IS THE WAY! I may not be an expert in apologetics, but I have listened to them. I have witnessed debates between atheists and christian professors. I ALWAYS come back more convinced that the claims of Christ are true. Lee Strobel, a former journalist for the Chicago Tribune and atheist , studied to try and disprove christianity. His research lead him to become a follower of Jesus Christ. This is an educated man that took on the facts, believing he was right with everything in him. Well..watch this and see Lee for yourself.

No comments: