Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Where's the Sun?


Why am I so down when it is a rainy day like today? I look outside and just want to go back to bed. But don't we all have days like this? Have you ever felt as if you just wanted to quit? Hide out, until the problem(s) went away? There have been times I have said to God, "okay, I'm checking out now, you got this one right?" Of course God doesn't want me to check out, that would be escape and we know He wants us to live in reality, BUT..I realized God does have this one. He also has that one and the other as well! Maybe the reason I feel so burdened down is because I think I have it! I am carrying burdens HE doesn't intend for me to carry. Do we make our 3 year old cook dinner, make financial decisions, drive the car? Of course not! Well, our heavenly Father doesn't intend for us to carry the weight of all the out-comes in the day. He brings rain for a reason. He allows our suffering for a reason, what is that reason? I don't know, but as long as I am seeking Him, I don't have to carry the outcome, do I? I can say, Thy Will Be Done. I trust because His word says, "All things work together for good, for those that love Him, to those who are called according to His purpose." That means- EVEN THE RAIN..I took this photo in southern Oregon, a place where it rains a ton. This waterfall reminds me of God bringing blessing from trials.

No comments: