Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Powerful Prayer

This morning I was reading through my journal from 07-08 and I was reminded of how important prayer is. I prayed many of these verses below, claiming the promises of God and feeling encouraged-knowing God hears my prayer. As I paged through my journal I was excited to see the things I prayed and how God has answered them. Certain prayers are just now beginning to be answered 2 years later. I prayed for God to show me my sin, to heal certain relationships, to give me a greater desire for Him, to guide my husband and I in decisions we were faced with, on and on. There is a song by Casting Crowns, "what if God's people prayed." Let's pray, and watch and see what the Lord will do. Here are some verses to get you started:


Jeremiah 33:3
Call unto me, and I will answer, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.

Isaiah 64:4

From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides you, who acts for those who wait for him.

Isaiah 65:24

Before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear.

Lamentations 3:25

The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.

Psalm 145:18-19

The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. 19 He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.

James 4:8

Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.

John 16:24

Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

Psalm 37:4-5

Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act.

Psalm 38:15

But for you, O LORD, do I wait; it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer.

Psalm 102:17

He regards the prayer of the destitute and does not despise their prayer.

John 14:13-14

Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

John 15:7

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

John 15:16

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

No comments: