Red Cross Motto

"The Greatest Tragedy is indifference"

Our Challenge

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Monday, September 7, 2009

Matthew Study begins tomorrow

As I sit here tonight praying and preparing for tomorrow's bible study I decided to peruse some of my favorite sights and blogs. I am feeling a little nervous about tomorrow, hoping it goes well, wondering if I prepared enough, and wanting to know the ladies will be blessed by the gospel of Jesus, written by Matthew, as I have been so far. As I was reading one of my favorite blogs, I came across these scriptures and decided to share them with you. I Hope these verses regarding our church fellowship bless you as much as they blessed me, and also encourage us to love one another as Jesus commanded! Happy Reading:

We love one another (John 13:34, 1 John 3:11) because God is love (1 John 4:8).
We fellowship with one another (1 John 1:7) because of the Trinitarian fellowship of our God (2 Cor. 13:14)
We forgive one another (Eph. 4:32) as God in Christ forgave us (Eph. 4:32).
We accept one another (Rom. 15:7) because we’re accepted by God in Christ (1 Peter 2:5).
We serve one another (1 Peter 4:10) as Jesus came to serve and give his life as our ransom (Mark 10:45).
We teach one another (Col. 3:16) because Jesus is the true word of God incarnate (John 1:14).
We are patient with one another (Eph. 4:2) because God’s kindness and patience leads to repentance (Rom. 2:4).
We bear one another's burdens (Gal. 6:2) as Christ Jesus bore our griefs and transgressions (Is. 53:4).
We pray for one another (James 5:16) as Christ did for us (John 17) and continues to do (Rom. 8:34).
We submit to one another (Eph. 5:21) as Jesus submitted to the will of the Father (Phil. 2).
We encourage one another and build one another up (1 Thess. 5:11) just as Jesus builds his church (Matt. 16:18).

No comments: